When we refer to your information, we are referring to your personal information and other information about you.
The kind of information we collect and hold about you
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold different information about you. For example, this may include:
- your name, date of birth, occupation, home or work address, telephone and email contact details;
- financial information, such as your bank account or credit card details;
- your Wilcom security credentials, such as username and passwords;
- your website address and domain name;
- information about how you use our products and services; and
- where necessary, additional information as part of our user authentication process.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (for example, where you provide information to us or our representatives on the telephone or in person, when you apply for our products and services online);
- from third parties such as our related companies, business partners, clients and other service providers;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- from our records and databases.
We may also collect information from you online using cookies and other analytical tools or when you visit our websites, including when you use our products and services.
How we hold your information
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosure. When your financial details (such as a credit card number) are transmitted from our website to a third party website, they are protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, as the internet is not always secure, we cannot be responsible for the security of information you transmit over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
You should also be aware that any personal information you disclose when using our online forums will be available to the public. You should take appropriate care to safeguard your information by not disclosing your security credentials (such as your username and password).
How we use and disclose your information
We may use and disclose your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide products and services and information about those products and services to you, to assist you with enquiries, or to improve our customer service;
- for our billing and account purposes;
- to maintain our business relationships where you are a business partner, a user of our website and services, or a customer;
- to our related companies, our business partners, distributors and service providers, and other third parties who assist us in providing services to you and managing our business;
- to our professional advisers; and
- where required by law.
We may also use your information so that we, our related companies, and other business partners and service providers can promote and market products, services and special offers, and advise you of news and industry updates, events, reports and other information that we think will be of interest to you. This marketing may be carried in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, social media or via our website) and may continue indefinitely until you opt-out by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to assess or correct your personal information
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that personal information, please contact us using the contact details set out below. We may charge you an administrative fee for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
How to contact us or make a privacy complaint